Carriage of transformers, Diesel generating sets, rotors, starters.
The carriage of transformers, Diesel generating sets, rotors and starters is a fairly complicated logistical issue, determined by the non-standard dimensions and the great weight of carried machinery.
Railway transport is therefore the ideal solution for long distance carriage of transformers and Diesel generating sets.
How can be carried a transformer or a Diesel generating set?
- In case of carriage of transformers and Diesel generating sets from Turkey, Europe, USA, China, South Korea, CIS countries, such machinery is delivered by sea vessels in ports of CIS countries or Baltic States having wide-gauge railway (1520 mm) and technical means for transhipment of machinery to rail wagons.
- Another carriage option for transformers and Diesel generating sets is the use of European wagons (carriage wagon, gondola, open wagon), by loading them in the European countries or Turkey and directing them to one of the CIS border stations having heavy-duty cranes that allow the transshipment of carried machinery to wide-gauge railway waggons (1520 mm), for example the stations of Chop (Ukraine), Brest (Belarus), Małaszewicze (Poland), Zahony (Hungary).
- Transformers and Diesel generating sets may also be carried by special road vehicles to any CIS border station where they will be transshiped to Russian type waggons.
Types of waggons used to carry transformers and Diesel generating sets.
The following waggon types may be used depending on the load weight and size:
- for machinery with relatively small weight (up to 60-65 tons), gondolas and open waggons are used. These waggons are also used to carry small-size accessories of the carried machinery.
- To carry transformers and Diesel generating sets exceeding 70 tons in weight, rail transporters-wagons are used:
- with 8 axles and capacity of 120 tons,
- with 16 axles and capacity of 220 tons,
- with more axles and loading capacity of 300, 400 or 500 tons.
Cost of carriage of transformers, Diesel generating sets, rotors, starters.
To find out the expenditure related to the carriage of a Diesel generating set or a transformer, please send to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- the loading and unloading points of the carried machinery,
- The machinery weight,
- The size and weight of carried parts. For large size parts please send us a three-projection drawing. This would allow us to establish whether the machinery has normal loading gauge or not.
- a list of additional services (terminal warehousing, the requirement to return some parts or fixation materials, etc.).
Some photos related to the carriage of transformers, Diesel generating sets, rotors by Simplextrans may be found below: