Freight forwarding service in the port of Alat (Baku) Azerbaijan.
Port of Alat (Baku), description.
The port of Alat (Baku, Azerbaijan) is a new complex of the Baku International Sea Trade Port, the construction of which began in 2010. The construction of a new complex in the port of Alat was accepted due to the fact that the old port was located in the center of Baku city, which created unnecessary pressure on the infrastructure and ecology of the city of Baku. Plus, due to the congestion of roads in the capital of Azerbaijan, transportation of goods from the port took a lot of time.
The new port of Alat is located 70 km from the city of Baku, at the intersection of the TRACECA lines and the North-South corridor, and is also part of the transport hub connecting the West (Turkey and the EU), the South (Iran and India) and the North (Russia) .
The following international railway lines pass through the port of Alat:
- Northwest line – through Baku to Russia (Yalama / Samur crossing point)
- Western line – through Georgia (including the ports of Poti and Batumi) to the shores of the Black Sea and Turkey;
- Southern line – to areas in the south and to the border with Iran through the Astara border crossing
There are 12 berths in the port of Alat (Baku), of which seven serve dry cargo ships, two berths serve ferries, two more berths serve Ro-Ro and Ro-Pax vessels, one berth is used to serve the port’s towing and auxiliary vessels.
Below you can see some photos of the port of Alat (Baku):
Transportation via port of Alat Azerbaijan.
Simplextrans carries out the following transportation through the port of Alat (Baku) Azerbaijan, namely:
- Rail transportation using the ferry lines Alat – Turkmenbashi (Turkmenistan) and Alat – Kuryk (Kazastan). In this case, wagons loaded in Georgia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Russia arrive at the ferry complex in the port of Alat, where they roll onto railway ferries with a 1520 mm wide railway track on the deck. Then, from Alat, loaded wagons by ferry sail to the ports of Turkmenbashi (Turkmenistan) or Kuryk (Kazakhstan), where they roll out and as part of freight trains go to the destination station
- Delivery of line containers from the port of Poti Georgia to Turkmenistan with transshipment in the port of Alat (Baku) Azerbaijan. This option provides for the delivery of line containers by container train from the port of Poti Georgia to the port of Alat. In the port of Alat, we reload cargo from liner containers into our own containers. In the future, own containers are loaded onto a container ship in the port of Alat and delivered to the port of Turkmenbashi Turkmenistan. Here, after customs formalities, containers are loaded onto container vehicles and transported by cars to final recipients in Turkmenistan. An important condition is that clients must receive from the sea line at least 14 free days from demurrage in the port of Poti. This is due to the fact that sea line containers must be delivered to the port of Alat (Azerbaijan), there they will be discharged and returned back to the sea line to the port of Poti.
- Delivery of own containers from the port of Alat (Azerbaijan) to Turkmenistan, Afghanistan (Akina or Turgundi). Frequently, cargo from Turkey and other countries is delivered in their own containers by machines directly to the port of Alat, where the containers are unloaded to the container terminal. Further in the port of Alat, the containers are loaded onto a container ship and sail to the port of Turkmenbashi. After the transit customs procedures have been carried out, their own containers are delivered by trucks to recipients in Turkmenistan or sent to the Afghan border terminals of Akina and Turgundi.
- Transshipment and transportation of oversized cargo from the port of Alat to Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan. Simplextrans has experience in loading and dispatching oversized cargo from the port of Alat Azerbaijan to the railway stations of the CIS and Afghanistan. In these cases, we measure the cargo, prepare and approve in the oversized department a scheme for loading and securing oversized cargo on the wagon, load and secure oversized cargo on the wagon in the port of Alat, hand over the loaded wagons of the Alat station and further transportation to the final recipient.
- Acceptance of goods arriving by sea vessels in the port of Alat Azerbaijan, transshipment into railway wagons and further delivery by rail to the final recipient. At the same time we carry out transshipment of goods in the port of Alat from wagons to a sea vessel. Usually cargo is delivered in shiploads of 3-5 thousand tons.
Below you can see photos of some of the shipments through the port of Alat Azerbaijan, carried out by Simplextrans:
We ask you to send all requests for calculating the cost of transportation through the port of Alat to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org