Railway transportation and transshipment of soybean meal, soybeans via the port of Poti Georgia.
Simplextrans provides transportation and transshipment services of soybean meal, soybeans through the port of Poti Georgia to the CIS countries (Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan).
Transshipment of soybean meal and soybeans in the port of Poti. Transshipment/transportation technology
• Delivery of soybean meal and soybeans in bulk through the port of Poti – in this case, soybean meal or beans arrive in the port of Poti by bulk ship in lots of 7-15 thousand tons. Before vessel arrival in the port of Poti, we have to arrange in advance all the approvals with the railway administrations and begin to collect the required number of hopper grain wagons in the port of Poti in order to ensure the direct transshipment (vessel – rail wagons) of soybean meal and beans, and eliminate extra days of vessel demurrage. Transshipment from the holds of the ship to grain wagons is carried out using grabs, which load soybean meal or beans into special bunkers, from which grain wagons are loaded through the upper hatches of the wagons.
For maximum loading of grain wagons, we compact the cargo in the wagon in scope to eliminate the presence of voids and ensure full filling of the hoppers. After loading soybean meal or soybeans in the port of Poti, we carry out control weighing and sealing of the wagons. In good weather conditions, the port of Poti can handle about 2000 tons of bulk soybean meal and beans.
• Transportation of soybean meal and beans in bags or big bags through the port of Poti.
Clients often buy soybean meal or soybeans in packaging (bags or big bags). In this case, the cargo arrives at the port of Poti either in large batches in the holds of a bulk vessel, or in small batches in maritime containers.
In such situations, the transshipment of soybean meal and soybeans is carried out in covered wagons using portal cranes and loaders. Transshipment of packaged cargo is much more expensive and slower due to the fact that the cargo must be unloaded first by portal cranes from the holds of the vessel to the berth, and from there by forklifts or manually into covered wagons. All this slows down the pace of transshipment and increases its cost.
Below you can see the photos of soybean meal transshipment in the port of Poti Georgia, carried out by Simplextrans:
The cost of delivery of soybean meal and soybeans from Poti to the CIS countries.
To calculate the cost of delivery of soybean meal and soybeans from the port of Poti to the CIS countries, please send the following information to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org :
- lot size in tons
- how the cargo will arrive at the port of Poti (breakbulk vessel, containers)
- information about cargo packing (bulk, big bags, bags (on pallets or without pallets)
- place of delivery of soybean meal or soybeans.