Financial guarantee in Ukraine.
According to the Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from 04.10.1996, No 1216 the State Customs Service of Ukraine requires from the carriers, senders, consigner or third parties to make cash deposits at transit carriage of excisable and other types of goods through Ukraine.
The provision of the financial guarantee to the customs authorities of Ukraine is carried out by the insurance of the financial responsibility of the carrier on delivery of goods to the customs destination. This delivers our clients from the necessity of making (blocking) significant funds confining themselves to entering on our account of the insurance payment and commission remuneration.
The cost of providing financial guarantee depends on the type of goods, their value and quantity.
We have the possibility to make a financial guarantee on any day of the week including weekends and holidays (preferably by prior agreement). Moreover, in urgent cases when the railway wagons or trucks stand idle at the border points of Ukraine we have the possibility to transmit a confirmation of making guarantee to the Ukraine’s entry customs point in 1-1,5 hours which will reduce the possible losses associated with downtime of the transport.
There is a list of some goods for which is most often issued a financial guarantee:
- beer and alcoholic beverages
- means of transport
- raw tobacco, tobacco waste, cigarettes, tobacco
- petroleum products
- loads according to the order no 396 of the State Customs Service of Ukraine.
We usually require from the client the following information when performing the financial guarantee:
- name of cargo with indication of product codes (HS or NHM code)
- invoice value of the cargo
- the country and the city of the sender
- country and city of destination
- custom’s entry and exit to / from Ukraine
- quantity of goods
- alcohol content in % (only for alcoholic products)
- vehicle type (car or railway wagon)
- the number of the vehicle
- full name of the driver, passport data (only in case of transport by road).